As part of the new Scottish Golf's Club Services team, we have a specialist environmental service to help affiliated golf clubs with:
• Free Environmental Audits to help you understand your current level of environmental knowledge and practices
• Free best practice, legislation advice and training on key environmental issues;
Nature - creation, improvement and protection for habitats such as coastal links, grasslands, woodlands, heathlands, wetlands and ponds, and species protection for flora and fauna. Advice on where to obtain surveys and further detailed ecological advice.
Water resource management, energy efficiency, supply chain and waste management and pollution prevention and control. We can help clubs obtain specialist audits (some free of charge) and we promote green technologies, recycled products and renewable energy sources.
• We can assist with developing practical projects and have information on grants and sources of project funding
• We can assist clubs plan for future environmental activities by producing Environmental Action Plans.
• We can assist clubs in working towards recognition for their environmental management practices through the Golf Environment Organization (GEO) OnCourse and Certification scheme.
These pages contain information on key issues relating to sustainable golf facility management. In this section you will find a range of downloadable guidance which will assist you in your efforts to tackle environmental management of golf facilities.